I’m having a hard time embedding this video for you all… here’s the link to the youtube video. Enjoy!
1. A drug or drink, or the plant yielding it, mentioned by ancient writers as having the power to bring forgetfulness of sorrow or trouble.
2. Anything inducing a pleasurable sensation of forgetfulness, esp. of sorrow or trouble.
“Hands drenched in nepenthe her touch made discord flee”
1. Strengthening; restoring vigor.
2. A strengthening medicine; a tonic; a restorative.
“The sun and its roborant ways fades when the lake effects”
wassail [WAH-sul; wah-SAYL]
1. An expression of good wishes on a festive occasion, especially in drinking to someone.
2. An occasion on which such good wishes are expressed in drinking; a drinking bout; a carouse.
3. The liquor used for a wassail; especially, a beverage formerly much used in England at Christmas and other festivals, made of ale (or wine) flavored with spices, sugar, toast, roasted apples, etc.
4. Of or pertaining to wassail, or to a wassail; convivial; as, a wassail bowl.
5. To drink to the health of; a toast.
6. To drink a wassail.
when a poet’s voice
Where do the words go
Do we lay allterations
Shaped into lilies
On the grave
Do we burn the
Pages of poetry to
Send smoke signals
To the heavens
Poems capture life
Adding to us
risk & reward
Don’t see eye to eye
Death don’t look good
Somethin about it
Aint quite write
acta – [AK-tuh]
1. Official records, as of acts, deeds, proceedings, transactions, or the like.
“There’s an acta on my sleeve where my heart used to be…”
Teem – [TEEM]
1. To abound or swarm; be prolific or fertile.
2. To empty or pour out; discharge.
“When the closet cracks
And the light teems
It hurts at first
The pupils shrink away unready
But the soul aint hiding no more
Did u love the me I let u see?
Will u love the me I am?”
1. A frenzy of emotion, as for something unattainable.
2. An ecstasy supposed by the ancients to be inspired by nymphs.
“I reach (dredged in nympholepsy) in vain.”