Mother don’t see her amazing
Its written on my achilles
Painted on my bowed leg
And etched in the ridges of my chipped tooth
She don’t see what I see
Miracles grow from her nail beds
And flowers sprout from her laughing tears
She don’t see her amazing
But prays for it daily
Who but mother can barter dreams for dreams
I didn’t mean to outgrow u so quick…
Mother made it clear that mommies don’t exist
And mimi’s are for when u have amazings of your own
Mother is only holding your hand for so long
I’m your amazing. Your both/and
Don’t give me your cape.
I still need to believe in super heroes
And the ones on tv don’t make macaroni and cheese
I’m far from your perfection.
draw into me
til my slumber
on the cool side
of my pillowcase.
between the plastic cover and the couch
in the space our grandmothers
forbid us in
trapped in knickknacks,
dust settles on our …secrets… die in the living room
reveal themselves to lovers
who can’t handle your flashbacks
and impromptu tears
jesus aint always available for council
the tales are branded
on pussies and penises
spread like communicable diseases
sex is a griot that tells the truth
ravaged wombs and urethras
wet dream ready
and we are the keepers
of said secret:
the he’s – the she’s
the me’s – the we’s
and either parents believe
or flee further away from their memories
just when we thought
pink elephants were an endangered species
Confiscable – [kuhn-FIS-kuh-buhl]
1. Liable to be taken by an authorized party.
“Of minions and men… I sift through the possibility of gifting you my heart knowing that confiscablity of it will whisk it into the hands of him.”
1. To cause to disappear by rubbing out, striking out, etc.; to erase; to render illegible or indiscernible.
2. To destroy, as a mental impression; to wipe out; to eliminate completely.
3. To make (oneself) inconspicuous.
“I’ve effaced the memory of u with bleach & ammonia. Like those… We should’ve never been combined.”
1. An elaborate or complicated procedure.
2. Confused, incoherent, foolish, or meaningless talk.
“My heart’s in escrow til u chose to cease your rigmarole”
1. (in Gnosticism) one of a class of powers or beings conceived as emanating from the Supreme Being and performing various functions in the operations of the universe.
“Our love is not a matter of moments but of aeons. I’ve loved u before my ancestors knew their name.”